Important Notice: Entries close at 5pm on Monday 4th March 2019. That’s next Monday!
I’ve just returned from the evokeAG conference in Melbourne, Australia where New Zealand start-up, CertusBio, picked up the prize as best company in the Investment Ready Pitch Tent competition. Matthew and his team have received significant publicity as a result, providing great coverage across the ditch.
You now have the chance to repeat this opportunity in New Zealand. At the 2019 NZ Hi-Tech Awards, New Zealand Trade & Enterprise (NZTE) are sponsoring the Most Innovative Agritech Solution Category.
The NZ Hi-Tech Awards celebrate New Zealand’s most successful high-tech companies and highest achieving individuals. Originally launched in 1994 as the VSI Electronics Excellence Awards, they have since evolved into a platform for recognising the best all of our technology industries: ICT, electronics, software, biotechnology, creative, telecommunications and digital media. Time then for agritech to take centre stage.
Eligibility for this category
- You are currently a registered New Zealand company and qualify against at least two of the following criteria:
- Founded in New Zealand
- Headquartered in New Zealand (location of your global head office)
- Have at least 20% of your employees reside in New Zealand.
- You have developed a technology-based solution for use by those in the primary sector including (but not limited to) fishing, farming, forestry and horticulture.
- Your Agritech solution is genuinely innovative and you can demonstrate how it’s positioned for future success.
- You will be able to provide evidence of at least one arms-length sale in the last calendar year ending 31 December 2018.
- On request, you will promptly supply the judges with evidence to support any claims made in this entry and be able to prove that:
- The solution was developed in New Zealand
- Your company owns the IP.
This year’s entry form comprises several sections which can be individually completed at any time, up until entries close at 5pm on Monday 4th March 2019. You can find the application form here: https://www.hitech.org.nz/awards/
I do hope your company enters this year’s Most Innovative Agritech Solution Category. It will provide an amazing platform to promote your product or service. It will help take agritech centre stage.